Thursday, November 1

lars and the real girl

I checked and it was going out of the theaters soon so I ate my dinner in a hurry and went out to see it tonight. I missed the first couple minutes I think but not enough to spoil it. I enjoyed it. I laughed a lot. It was sad and cute and funny.

I've seen a ton of movies lately. I've given up on rationing myself. I'm trying to see only movies I really want to see, not just ones I'm lukewarm about.

Next, I want see Martian Child with John Cusack. Kinda wanted to see American Gangster when I first saw the previews for it 3 months ago but now, not so much. Also want to see Dan in Real Life but I'm going to catch that one on DVD.

Gone Baby Gone is probably a great movie but I'm going to give it a miss - how many times have they done the kidnapped young child and tortured detectives. Feels like I've seen it already.

I've been waiting for almost half the year for The Golden Compass. I hate when they show you a great preview and you have to wait forever before hte movie comes out.

2 comments:

Virginia Belle said...

LOL you crack me up -- all the movies you want to see all got terrible reviews. but gone baby gone has gotten great ones.

critics would think you have terrible taste! LOL

i haven't seen any of them, so i cannot really say if you are right or if the critics are. :)

Petra said...

I don't pay attention to reviews or critics. Most of the movies they rave about I think suck. Like "knocked up" for example. Such a dumb movie. They also raved about "year of the dog" - such a terrible movie.