Saturday, January 13

no more blog roll

Tonight I read a post on Ann's blog about blogger faux pas - she mentioned taking away her blog roll while she was on vacation and not putting it back until recently. Well I noticed this trend on several other blogs as well. At the time - I thought "I can do that?" So I removed mine as well. I found it more freeing than anything else. Less pressure somehow. I don't mean to slight anyone but I just figured that I'd comment on people's blogs when I felt I had something to say. Otherwise, I'd just enjoy their blogs - no pressure from them or from me. I'd gotten into this habit of checking my stats and wondering why people who used to read my blog weren't here anymore. I also was glad that some of you were still reading. All this though - just too much stress for me. So I've stopped checking the stats. Haven't checked it since before my vacay last year. The feeling I have now is really good. This not having a blog roll/having to constantly update my sidebar every time I found a new blog/worrying whether I'd offend someone if I took their name off my blog roll if I didn't go to their blogs anymore - all that gone. So if I offended anyone by doing so then I'm sorry. But I started this blog for me and so I choose to keep it the way that works for me.

2 comments:

Virginia Belle said...

i wish i had thought to do that!!!! it's a great idea! i feel pressure to read this one blog (not yours, don't worry!) because the author always leaves comments on mine. but you know what? their blog is REALLY boring. so i don't really even read it. i don't even want it on my blogroll because i don't like it!

you have managed to solve this problem. wow.

i just have everything in my bloglines acct anyway, so it's not like i'd forget certain blogs....

i'd like to do that, but i think i would offend some people....

Petra said...

That's tough to have to keep blogs you don't care for on your blogroll.
I have all the blogs I read saved on bookmarks and I usu just open them all in tab-browsing and read them. Much easier than clicking them from a blogroll. I tried the bloglines thing but couldn't get it to work right so I just abandoned it.