Thursday, February 22

I feel like crap - back on advair again. Sadly. my doc thinks I need it. I don't know. I think I'm coming down with another cold. Like for the 3rd or 4th time for the year and it's not even March yet. The advair is in inhaler form now so hopefully I won't get as many of the side effects as I had before. My head hurts like there are jackhammers going off behind my eyes. My nose has been bleeding off and on today and my nose is clogged with blood. I can't blow it else it'll start bleeding actively again.When I saw my doc Wed, I didn't feel as bad as I do tonight. Sounded a bit congested though, partly why she changed me to the advair. She said she wanted me back on lower dose of flovent which is what's in the advair in addition to the long-acting bronchodilator serevent. The things I've read about serevent scares me. I try not to think about it too much though.
It's better than being on prednisone/which she told me was another possible alternative - oral steroids lead to much more exaggerated side effects than inhaled steroids.
I really have to just stop reading about it. And just take it and hope that I feel better soon. The tremors have started already and it's only been a couple days. Had to do several TLCs today and my hands kept shaking every so often.
I tylenol I took is finally starting to kick in - jackhammers have toned down to chopsticks drumming behind my eyes.
Whenever I go to the allergist's office, they take my vitals incl my weight and height - every time. I was wondering why they take my height, I'm way past the age of growing. So I asked and the nurse told me that many asthmatics eventually end up on prednisone long-term and it causes you to lose bone density and people start shrinking so they take your height so they have an ongoing monitor of it. How about that to look forward to? Hopefully I can manage without reaching that stage

I'm going to bed.

No comments: