Sunday, April 15

It's April, right?

I feel the need to write this b/c it snowed/sleeted/rained all day. What's up with that? The weather gurus are all excited b/c they have something to talk about again. Phooey! That's all I have to say about that.

I did finally get my iPod sorted - finally figured out the stupid software I paid for and got it to transfer my songs from iPod back to iTunes. But it took me a while and so when I finally had it worked out, it actually transferred several songs 2 or 3 times or at least their file names if not the actual info in the music files. Yeah, this meant many duplicates/broken links. I spent a good part of today deleting the duplicates and re-loading some of the albums that were corrupt. My sis got me an external backup hard drive so I can keep my music on that as back-up. Took me a while to figure that out as well. From the link in amazon, it made it seem idiot-proof...like all I needed to do was press a button and voila...info backed-up. Not so simple, folks. The specs for it mention that it comes with a 22" USB cord. It's more like a 5" USB cord. Still usable though and since my sis was also thoughtful enough to get me a storage case for the drive I just place it in that on the floor by the USB port on my tower. So no worries :)

3 comments:

Virginia Belle said...

weird. i have been having ipod probs today too! it wouldn't charge for some reason. i just rebooted. it's charging now.

of course, i tried like 4 different, more time-consuming and more complicated solutions which all failed before just trying the easiest one....argh.

ipods get very complicated!!!!!!!

then again, i am blonde...

Virginia Belle said...

hey, how did you get your labels over there on your sidebar? i'd like to do that....

Petra said...

Hey VB - my iPod has times when it won't turn off/charge. Only thing that worked was to let it run out of charge completely (by leaving it on) then the next morning it was back to normal and started charging fine again.
- for the labels in sidebar - go to dashboard then click on layout. It lets you add 'page elements' and has a list of ones you can choose. Another great thing about the new blogger(not-so-new anymore :)