Wednesday, November 8

rain and dreams

It's was so rainy today. I left work a little early to get my allergy shots - an easy 15 min drive on the highway became a 25min chore through driving rain. It rained so much today that it made me wonder if it would ever stop. I know it will eventually but it felt like it wouldn't. Add in the early darkness of this time of year - so not helping either. I don't usu care much about the whole early dark thing but I noticed it today.

At the end of boxing class we usu do ab exercises. We did the usu ones so well that he extended our time and made do another one - dead bug using balance ball. Took some doing for me to get it right - I'm not very coordinated when it comes to stuff like alternating hand and leg movements. But I got it eventually. My sides/mid back really hurt last night. they're not too bad tonight. I guess it's must be a good one if I could feel it like that.

Had a weird series of dreams last night. It kept repeating itself. I have dreams like that from time to time where I'm in the dream yet I feel as if I've woken up but I really haven't and then I fall back into the dream, if that makes any sense.
I've got to stop watching discovery health b/c in one of the dreams, I had several conditions which I've only heard about on the show mystery diagnosis. I also had some weird blood disorder in the dream - the details of which I don't want to think about, very gross. This might also be due to a book a just finished reading - My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult very sad but great story. might also be b/c I have been having a lot of nose bleeds lately. Haven't been able to take my allergy meds( a nasal spray) for over 2 weeks b/c of them.

I woke up at 3am - probably b/c I fell asleep on the futon with the tv blaring and the lights on. I went to bed then but couldn't fall back asleep right away. I fell asleep eventually and went back to the dream I was having before I woke up.

Needless to say, my dreams were very disturbing and I woke up feeling very groggy and unsettled. Plus it took a while for me to wake up - I was in that weird state where I was half-asleep and trying to wake myself up out of the remains of my dream. You know that state where your mind is almost awake but you can't quite move your limbs yet? I woke up finally and had to check to make sure my legs didn't have any sores on them (shudders). Crawling my blood just thinking about it now.

I've got to go to bed soon, took a benadryl a couple hrs ago. I've been using over-the-counter antihistamines to try to keep most of the allergy symptoms at bay. They don't help the sore throat and upset stomach I get from the nasal drip but at least I'm not sniffling/sneezing constantly. I'll take whatever relief I can get.

2 comments:

Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

Like the makeover!

Petra said...

Thanks Sfc