Sunday, November 12

movies

Saw a few movies recently.
The Prestige - more than worth the price of admission - really enjoyed it.
The Illusionist - ok, different kind of story from the Prestige even though they are both about magicians.
If you only plan to see one of them I'd definitely recommend the Prestige over the Illusionist.

Today was quite busy. In spite of the fact that I got very little sleep last night. Fell asleep on my futon around 10 until 12:20am. Then went to bed, turned out the lights. Couldn't get back to sleep though. Around 2am I got fed up of just lying there so I turned the light back on and read until 4:30am. Eventually fell asleep. Woke up at my alarm at 830am this morning. Met my friend for our early Sat walk. Then we went to the diner for breakfast (light one in my case). Went to lunch with E around 12:30pm - soup, salad and breadsticks at olive garden - delicious. Then home. I meant to do a little cleaning - almost out of clean dishes but was kind of sleepy. Took a nap around 4 until 6pm.

Went to see Stranger Than Fiction tonight with a group of friends. I laughed a lot. I enjoyed it even more than I expected to. See this movie if you can.

Then we went to small coffee shop, chatted, drank hot beverages, played scrabble, listened to local talent (guy with a guitar playing various covers from bob dylan to kenny loggins to john denver. he wasn't bad).

One of the friends I was with tonight is one a guy I know from college C - he was touching my arm casually all night, both while we were in the movie theatre and also at the coffee shop. I could totally get into this guy. I do like him. He's cute and funny and he gets my jokes.

I asked my friend Z what she thought of him and she told that he definitely sees me as a girl, not just a buddy. She thinks this is a good sign and that I should "totally go for it" :) I'm just going to wait and see. He mentioned tonight that we should get together more often. So I'm just going to take it easy and see if anything develops.

Having some hot chocolate now - hoping that'll help me wind down enough to sleep...soon :)

3 comments:

Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

Any movie with Hugh Jackman is a must see.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the Prestige. It's possibly the best movie I've seen in years. But the pictures of Colorado Springs weren't very accurate, trust me. :)

Petra said...

SFC - totally with on the Hugh Jackman movie must-see

Jen - I believe you, you do have really cool pics of Colorado on your site :)