Monday, September 11

Sleepy

I'm really sleepy and need to go to bed soon.
Had a busy weekend. Went to an out-of-town party Sat, a surprise party for a friend. It was fun. We had quite a meandering drive there, what with stop for gas, trying to avoid traffic but taking alternate exits and back-roads. It was all good b/c we carpooled and I wasn't driving. We got there eventually and before the b'day guy got back which was the important thing. We all yelled surprise and he was vey surprised and also very pleased. Lots of food, great wine, wonderful sangria, ouzo shots and birthday cake, brownies and blondies. Got back home around midnight but didn't get to sleep until 1:30ish.

Sun was first day of choir - we're off during the summer. I was going to skip it b/c a) i was tired, had woken up at 7am to do my weekly talk to family (only time we were all available - someday, I'd like us all to live in the same time zone again :)
b) i was hoarse - no doubt due to my late night and the fact that my allergies/asthma had been bothering me all weekend.
I took my meds and after ~45min I felt better so I decied to go after all. By that time I was an hour late but I still went and it was good to be back.
We saw 2 movies yesterday with dinner at great Vietnamese restaurant in between. The first was Hollywoodland. It was quite interesting and moved along at a good pace. I felt it was 15min too long though. Still, worth seeing. Adrien Brody is perfect for his role in this movie. I didn't much care for the ending of the movie.

Then we saw Trust the Man. I enjoyed it a lot. In part b/c I haven't seen David Duchovny in so long and was glad for the chance to watch him again. It was very funny. Even though they gave DD the most awful hair-cut I still enjoyed looking at him. And Billy Crudup is usually not too bad himself but he had one of those stupid triangles of hair under his lip. you know what I mean - I can't quite rememeber what its called. I do know that I want to walk around and shave that off most of the guys who sport it. I'm also quite fond of Julianne Moore. Maggie Gyllenhal has the largest earlobes I have ever seen on a woman, so large that I could see the holes in them when she wasn't wearing earrings. Kind of an odd observation, I know. The ending was a little cheesy but I could live with it.

Had another late night and was too wired to sleep. Banged my arm again on Sat just before I left for the party. I was just out of the shower when the phone rang. While running for the $%#*^@& phone, I literally ran into the door, this time with my left arm just above the elbow again. I did put ice on it and it doesn't hurt nearly as much as it did the last time I did this. When will I learn that phones are not emergencies. I am able to ignore the phones at work easily. I rarely answere them when they ring. I never rush for it since it is rarely for me. And if no one else is around then I don't even try to ans. I figure that I'll just have to tell the caller that so-and-so was not there and a)have to go look for them or b)have them leave a message. Neither of which I want to do when I'm in the middle of working up a reaction. So I play deaf ;)

Got to go to bed now. Nite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That hair triangle is a soul patch. It's sad that I know that, but I enjoy them on men. That, ridiculously long sideburns and normal goatees. Yes, I'm a freak.

Petra said...

That's right - the soul patch. I'm not partial to long sideburns or goatees either. I will admit that, on some men, goatees work really well but not everyone can sport one.