Thursday, September 14

talking muscles

Today, all my muscles were talking to me...all at once...and they were not happy. Had to take a couple advil last night and this morning as well just to get me through the pain. I could barely lift my arms above my head - the muscles hurt so badly. I'd planned to go the gym again today and maybe even do the boxing class again in spite of the pain but I fogot my gym clothes. Plus I feel really congested, my chest hurts when I cough b/c all my abdominal muscles are still in shock from Tuesday's boxing session.

And it's also that TOTM. So I guess it ok that I came straight home instead. it's been a crummy week at work. Sick of trying to purify this crap I've been working on. Sick of repeating the analysis. So little material left. If I had my way, I'd have repeated this stupid synthesis, made more material and have a decent amount to work with so I could get it clean enough to ship out. But no, i have to keep working with this crap, supposedly b/c it'd take too much time to remake it, it'd be better if I could just get data from what I've got. What I've got is 15mg (think a pinch of salt). What I'd prefer to work with is 50mg-100mg (think 1/8 - 1/2tsp) of material. I've been re-analyzing this crap for 2weeks now, more than enough time to have remade it twice since it's 2 steps from a common intermediate that we already have made. Unfortunately I don't get final word on this.

Another not so great thing is that our group leader is quibbling about the last thing I shipped. Saying that I should have different amounts even though they are similar to stuff my supervisor(SV) has shipped this week as well. My supervisor at least didn't give me any grief about it - he was just letting me know what the boss said. there's not much I can do to improve the numbers. I know that is all a bit vague but basically he's arguing that my numbers are off by ~.35 from what he thinks they should be. Even though the data makes sense as is and the customer has not complained about it. I guess it could be worse - my SV could be giving me grief about it. SV actually said he didn't think it was an issue but he was just giving me a heads-up.

I feel really out of sorts all round. I'm tired and cranky and crampy and my throat is also sore. I want mallomars :( Not back on the shelves yet...I've checked...anyday now they'll be back. I sure could use a couple right now. My apt is cold. I turned my space heater on and that helped a bit. Still sleeping on the futon. My box springs are finally in but they don't have a delivery service right now. the guy said they are between companies but he gave me a recommendation of a mover to call. So I called them adn the guy has a message on the machine to call his cell. So I call that number and he has the worst message on it, lots of mumbling/weird pauses/etc. I leave 3 messages. We played phone tag for a week. So we make a tentative plan for him to pick up/deliver on Tues. I call the furniture place only to have them tell me that my order was not there but still in transit. So I was confused - why call me a week ago to tell my order had arrived when it hadn't. I have a very uncommon first name and not very popular last name. How many people could he have in his system with a name like mine? Anyway, he said it would get here by this Fri. This all happened Tues around lunchtime. So I call back the delivery guy to cancel and ask him if we can do it Fri. He tells me that he's not sure, call him back Fri.

Then on my way home, I get a message from the furniture store telling that they'd made a mistake, my order was in and I could pick it up anytime. Why is this so hard? So I try to make arrangemens with the guy again and he's not sure he can fit me in and tells me to call him on Fri and he'll see.

I asked a friend at work who has a pickup if he'd take me to pick it up and he said it'd be no problem. So hopefully, if nothing else screwy happens, I'll be sleeping on my bed by Sat night. Can't wait.

No comments: