Saturday, August 26

another week

It's been another exhausting week. Saw a couple movies this week. Saw "Little Miss Sunshine" and that was a great movie. I really enjoyed it and laughed a lot(at times the only person laughing but I'm no stranger to that :)

Last night went to see "Beerfest" with a new friend, GS, from work. Her pick, not mine. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I laughed a lot(again the only one laughing at times - which made GS laugh as well). I thought they had too many shots of women getting their tops ripped off but I guess that was for the real target audience for this movie i.e. college boys. Apart from that, there were some really funny moments. If you go see it, stay for the credits b/c the outtakes are also very funny.

August has been like movie month for me - I've seen 6 movies this month already and that's just the ones I've seen in the cinema. I guess I've just been trying to stay sane among all the clutter and moving drama that has been my life this month.

I did "play tennis" Wed after all - mostly with my non-dominant hand - in spite of my bruise which still hurt. S was not convinced about how great an idea that was. But I figured that since I can bowl with my left hand, why not tennis with my left hand. I usu switch to left-hand-bowling when my right hand fails me, gutter-ball-city. This happens when my arm gets tired and my wrists and elbow gets a bit achy usu after 2 games.

It took about an hr before I could get the ball to go where I wanted it to - towards the person I was playing with :). Much of the first hr was spent with me shouting across the court "Look out! Sorry." or "Watch out! Sorry!" and then to S "I'm going to kill someone". S was really nice about it and kept trying to reassure me that I wasn't going to kill anyone. Finally I got the hang of it and the 2nd hr went much better. I did use my right hand a little but I tried to stick to my left hand mostly. Thankfully, no one was hit by any of the missiles I launched across the court.

My bruise is much less noticeable now and only a little sore. I'll be glad when I can work out normally again. It's very boring at the gym when I can't do any arm/back machines. The leg machines take 10min. then all that's left is cardio. I missed being able to do my regular routine. So I skipped the gym yesterday. Meant to go walking this morning but was so tired I slept till noon today. Now I have to get my place clean and then organized.

No comments: