Wednesday, August 9

Direct From Moving Hell

It's 7:12pm and I'm at the library. Why? Because I currently have no cable, no phone, no internet at my apt. Only boxes and more boxes. Only 4 local channels without static and audio (just when I finally found a few shows I wanted to watch regularly).

I left work at 2pm today just so that I could get home in time for the cable guy who was due 2:30-4:30 (they always give you shitty time windows). Anyhoo, I'm home and waiting. It's 4pm, still no sign, no doorbell. I go downstairs to get something out of my car and that when to my horror I see.......pink note from cable guy...saying He came at 3:11 and missed me. Missed me? Missed me! I was freakin there! I left work early, had to explain this to my boss. Now not only do I have to wait until next week 8-12am (at another shitty time), I also will have to explain this shit to my boss tomorrow.

Also called stupid MCI who still have not connected my landline (then at least I would have had internet). The last time I called, I waited 45 min and then someone hung up on me. Yeah. Then today waited 25min and they made a report about my pending move order...pending my ass. I called these effers Jul 18th to move my damn line so that by the time I moved or at the very least by the end of my first week there, I'd have a phone line/internet. It's Aug 9th, still no line. I told them that I hope they are not intending to charge me for all the days when I haven't had a phone i.e. all of august.

It's very frustating and I swore out loud in my apt for at least 5 min. My new neighbor prob thinks I'm nuts. Not that he didn't get that impression anyway when he came in and saw me waiting at the foot of the stairs(sitting just inside the screen door) waiting for the stupid cable guy. When I called at 4pm after I found the stupid note from the cable guy, they acted like I could still get connected today. So I waited some more. Then I called back at 4:45pm after waiting on my stoop the whole time b/c if they tried to call me, they were probably using my home tel number which as of this moment does not work. So neighbor meets/sees me for the first time talking (while trying not hyperventilate) to the cable people about why the guy didn't come back. By that time, they told me that the guy was "out of the service area". Now I have to go through this shit again.

I just had to get out of my apt. Away from the boxes.

Another thing that has happened this week is that I forgot to pay one of my credit cards, one I usu pay in full every month. The stupid thing about it is that I wrote out the damn check, then forgot to mail it. It's a good thing that I'm a little paranoid and check my accounts every so often else I wouldn't have noticed it. I could kick myself or something or someone but I just have to let it go. I paid it and the stupid late fee so it's done now. I'm normally very meticulous when it comes to bill paying. I've never forgotten one before.

I talked to my cousin and she helped calm me down a bit. I need to buy a hands-free ear piced for the car. I accidentally broke the one I had. I dare not risk talking while driving b/c I know someone who got a ticket ($200) for talking at a red light. So not worth it.

I have been writing blog stuff at home, it's saved on my pc and when I do get connected again I may post it all in one go.

It's only been 10 days without cable/internet and I feel like I'm gonna go postal on someone. I shudder to think how I'm gonna feel after 17 days. But there's nothing I can do about it except deal with it. Accept it.

Going to circuit city to find a hands-free set. I bought one from RadioShack but it sucked big time - it was very uncomfortable and I couldn't figure out how to change it to work on the ear I preferred(right side). So I returned it. Hoopefully I can find one I like better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, that is a LONG time without cable or internet!!! I would be freaking out by now. That cable company sucks.

Petra said...

yes they suck big time...but they are the only one available here so they can basically do what they want.