Sunday, July 9

exhausted

I'm exhausted. Apartment hunting is draining. Did find 2 real possibilities that have almost eveything I'm looking for. Actually, one is perfect, 5min from my job but unfortunately someone's already put some money down on it. They did tell me that I'd get 2nd preference if the person bails but who in their right mind bails on an apt after paying a non-refundable deposit? None I can think of. Still I think if it's for me, it'll happen, if not, then it's not. The other one is good except that it smells weird to me - not a new wood smell(wood floors), not a new paint smell(freshly painted walls). The best I can describe is an old, old, building smell, maybe mold or some other airborne nasty that i'm probably allergic to.
I say an apt that had a kitchen/living room that is the size of the kitchen in my current apt - no joke. Not a real option.

Have several calls to make tomorrow. Still have to talk to my landlord who never seems available to ans his darn phone. I want to check to see if I can get an extension if I need it for a month or 2 and if not, If I can be out aug 1 or 2 even though my lease if actually up jul 31. I wanna see how much leeway i'll have. Also have to call movers even though I don't exactly have a new addy for them to move my stuff to, I figure I probably need to contact them for an estimate soon. Can't move my futon or my queen-sized bed myself.

Got to get to bed in 10. Nite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find something you really like. You know I know what a pain looking for a new place is.

Petra said...

I know you do Jen.