Monday, July 3

apt hunting

Have been doing major apt hunting this weekend. Have seen a few good apts and a few bad ones. Still haven't found the right one for me yet. Going to send in my application for one that I found cause it has almost everything I want except for laundry on-site. I have to let them know by the end of the week though. Trying not to get too stressed about it all. I don't know what I expected. Some of the potential landlords seemed like they were looking for a new tenant and were easy to talk to and I was able to set up an appt almost immediately to see said apts. Others seemed to have decided that I wouldn't be a good tenant just from the sound of my voice cause they were most unfriendly and downright surly in some cases. Plus the rental application they want you to fill out seems way too intrusive - I can understand them wanting to know what other financial obligations you have but one wanted me to note my bank account and credit card numbers. Why is that necessary. If they pulled my credit report they won't get the actual numbers, at least I don't think they would. I would expect that they'd get name/amt owed/min due but actual 16 digits for each card. Just seems like a way to leave oneself open to identity theft. This is all new to me b/c when I first moved here (into my first apt) I didn't have to disclose such information. My plan is not to put the credit card numbers in the application.

Tried to call the EB to tell him I don't want to date him again but he didn't answer his phone although he has been emailing me frantically all week (6 since Sat)- and it felt wrong to just leave a message. Maybe that would be better. Kinder. Or just less trouble for me. I wish I was a guy or at least had their mentality b/c then I could just ignore him and not call until he got the message and feel very little guilt about doing so. I also didn't want to do it by email. I have kinda been ignoring his emails. Some of them I haven't actually received. I just want it to be over and I don't want to be friends and I fear he'll ask for that. and I don't want to be mean but I may have to be so I'm dreading it. Maybe I should leave a voicemail after all.

For some reason aol has been bouncing emails from my mailbox with weird error messages. It's not like my mailbox is full or anything so i just have no idea why it's been happening but I know it has cause a few of my friends have tried to send me email without success. Somehow though, all the stupid forwards that a particular friend of mine sends(8-10/week) always get through. Most are stupid chain-mail crap that I delete as soon as a I realize what it is. Personally, I'd prefer to receive 1 email every 2-3mths from her with a short note, you know, saying "hi" or "how she's doing" instead of ~40 freakin crap forwards without a note or word from her except stupid threats about bad luck if I don't clog someone else's mailbox by forwarding them. I'm not a big fan of forwards. I have to be really amused by one and it has to be short read or one pic for me to actually send it to anyone. I don't forward chain-mail. I stopped a few years ago b/c I don't like getting them and decided not to inflict them on others when I hate them myself. What ends up happening is that I delete most of the emails from her unread b/c i figure if I don't open it then the bad luck has to pass me by right ;)

No comments: