Saturday, July 22

picnic

Went to the company picnic today amid the torrents of rain. At least it stopped when we first got there and there was a wide covered area.
There were guys outside in the pouring rain playing soccer. They were still out there when we left around 3pm. That takes dedication.
I had a delicious pulled-pork sandwich and corn and ice-cream. Plus I won a prize in the raffle - best buy gift certificate. So cool. I never won anything before probably b/c you need to get a raffle ticket from the booth(free tickets, you just go up and ask for one :) and I never asked for a ticket at any of the other picnic's I went to ;)
Right now I should be cleaning or packing but am not in the mood to do either. Have a party to go to later but am not really in the mood to go back out in the rain. It was raining so hard on the way back from the picnic that I could barely see the brake lights of the car directly in front of me even with my wipers at full-speed. Got soaked on the way in to my apt b/c of course there's was no parking anywhere near but it's ok cause I was going to be inside soon.

No comments: