Saturday, July 29

moving continues

Picked up the keys for my new place today. Talked to the new landlord, he and his wife were putting finishing touches and cleaning so I won't have to do any cleaning once I move in. E came over today and helped with some of my packing - she did most of the glassware from the kitchen which was a huge help since most were on high shelves and I would have had to go up then down several times to get them all down, then wrap and pack. My living room's mostly packed except for the computer and tv and air conditioner. All that's left in my bedroom besides the bed is to move the clothes in my closets - they're all going into suitcases as is, hangers and all :). I have many suitcases, acquired on my many many trips to my sis or back home - I often end up borrowing or buying an extra one for the trip back.

Spoke to my landlord today and asked if he would install my air conditioner in the window himself, that way he can fix it right and I don't have to be concerned about damaging the window sill. He agreed and I went to home depot today to get a piece of plywood to place on the sill for support.

Stupid cable company can't come until the 8th to "transfer" my cable. What I don't understand is this - why can't I just plug in the stupid box there. I'm pretty sure that's all they are going to have to do but nooo, I have to wait a week and half and pay $25 for a "technician" to come in. The woman who was in the apt before me had cable so it's not like they need to install a new line. I'm pretty sure they can do this remotely but are going to send in a technician just so they justify charging me. It's all a racket, I'm convinced. Tempted to just tell them to cancel it but who am I kidding. I would be very unhappy without cable.

E and I drove over to the new place so she could check it out - she thought it very cute.

No comments: