Thursday, July 13

a place to call home

I've found and signed and pd for my new apt. It's in a nice area, only 5 min from where I live now. I saw it Tues at lunch, called the guy that night and filled out paperwork, etc. Wed/today. So it's all set. The layout is much better than the other apt I saw over the weekend that was 5 min from my job. The landlady from that apt called me right after I decided to take the apt I saw Tues. She told me the girl's mother didn't like the apt so it was now available. I felt kinda bad at first but you know what, I think it all worked out for the best. When I looked at that apt, they made it seem like it was a mere formality for me to get it, not once did they mention that someone else had put money down on it. Then when the lady called me and told me that, I took it as a sign that I needed to keep looking. Aparently there are people out there who do give up a $300 deposit. Crazy!

Although, the apt doesn't have a laundry on-site, it's fine. There are a couple laundromats nearby. It's much cheaper than my current digs and still has heat/hot water included. The kitchen has a pantry attached and it also has a small porch. Plus the added anonymity of having your landord on seperate premises. There is one other guy living in the house but that's it. Plenty of windows.

No neighbors watching my comings and goings...or asking me if I came in late the night before...or commenting that I must have worked late when I get after going to the gym. No more wishing they would wait until after 8am to turn their stupid tv on stun. In other words...I'm going to LOVE it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds really great! Congrats! Esp. with it including some utilities, that is *nice.* Now have fun moving! :)

Petra said...

Thanks Jen, yeah not looking forward to packing but it has to be done.