Saturday, July 29

moving in progress...

Packing still in progress. Last night I got rid of a few things that won't fit in my new digs - my friends who gave them a new home paid me for them so that was pretty good. I left it at their discretion what price to give me for them and they were more than fair. They came to pick them up and we managed between the 3 of us to get them on the truck in short order. Afterwards we had fajitas. I'd never been there before - it's like having restaurant food at fast food prices/wait times...can we say the best of both worlds :)

Took most of my pcitures from the walls down and have used these cool spackle stuff to caulk the holes left after I pulled the nails out. Then I used the Magic Eraser to remove the excess spackle stuff. You can barely see where the original nails were. Very cool.

I'm picking up my keys tomorrow and plan to head over there on Sun, take a few things over - the stuff I plan to move myself like plants, PC, etc. Naturally I have a list :)

I've got all my pots/baking pans/kitchen gadgety things packed. What's left is cutlery, foodstuff and the contents of my medicine cabinet(currently a shelf in one of the kitchen cupboards). Oh and also several bottles of alcohol. I really need to have a party of some sort so it can be used up cause I don't really drink strong stuff when it's just me. May move that myself as well.

Too wired to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Petra said...

Thanks Jen, I hope so too :)