Saturday, November 19

Eating, drinking, and being very merry

My elimination diet is up on sun, but I kind of started my re-introduction of dairy on Fri. Went to Wendy's for lunch and got a grilled chicken sandwich without tomato b/c I was pretty sure that the dressing on the sandwich contained dairy. I got it on the side and put a small amt of it on my sandwich = delicious.

Went for my yearly eye exam and got those dilating drops in my eye. Headlights, brake lights and street lights were beacons on my drive home. I put on my sunglasses to reduce the shock to eyes - felt silly wearing them since it was pretty dark by then. On my way home, I had a weird craving for Popeye's actually was more in the mood for KFC but the closest KFC place involved way more maneuvering than I was capable of considering the way my eyes felt. So I went to Popeye's since it was in a strip-mall and much easier to get into and out of. So good, had 3-piece+biscuit. So good, skipped the ketchup though. Needed tums afterwards but so worth it. Trying not to go too crazy.

Went to a friend's b'day party and drove past the street into their development a couple times. Its kind of in the boonies and there aren't many lights along the road. Still, I've been there more than a dozen times before so I guess my eyes were still having trouble adjusting. I spent the night there because I had several drinks. I lost several times at air-hockey :(
Sang kareoke until I was hoarse, often ad-libbing at the end of songs that seemed neverending. When I'm in the mood, I can really entertain. Also did some "back-up dancing" for a few friends while they were singing (much to the amusement of all). And no, they didn't request my back-up dancing skills but that didn't stop me. Stopped drinking after 5 or 6 and had 3 glasses of water before I eventually slept. Woke up feeling pretty good except for general tiredness and slight queasiness which passed after a hot cup o'tea. Pretty fun night.

Did nothing today except sleep and watch tv. Might try for an early night.

Not travelling for Thankgiving which is the first time in years that I'm not flying someplace. It's so good, I'll actually be able to enjoy my extra day (we have fri off as well). I told my cousin that I wasn't flying there this year, just not in the mood to deal with all the crowds. Plus, I'd have lost 2 days with getting to airport early, waiting for connecting flights, etc. Plus, she's working Fri so I'd be stuck on my own for a day. Her only response to this was - so what am I going to do? I was like - I don't know what you are going to do, but I'm going to enjoy my days and if no one invites me over on the turkey day, Boston Market makes a darn fine turkey. Such a relief. Most times I let myself get talked into traveling even though I'd rather just enjoy the time off from work. I did get an invitation a friend's house on thurs so I will get a great meal. They always have great food.

No comments: