Thursday, November 24

Happy thanksgiving!

Yesterday, I left work early, my boss said I could leave at 4pm as it was Thanksgiving but I couldn't even wait that long. B 330pm I'd done evrything I could at work. Didn't want to set up any reactions but most need to be checked within 24-48hrs so 5 days would be too long. So I did what I could do, and left. Came home and was not in the mood to cook. Had snacks. Went to see the Harry Potter movie. Really enjoyed it.

I'd planned to go to the 730p show but I dithered and dithered around my apt and didn't get there until 5min before the 9pm show. So I decided to get a ticket for the 940p instead, that way I could choose where I sat and wouldn't miss any of the movie. So I went in at 910ish and chose a great seat 2nd row up in the middle. Perfect for viewing. I was settled in and waiting for the previews when about 4 college kids came in and asked if the seats next to me were free. I told them the ones on either side of me were free and even offered to move my coat so they could have the seat next to me. Can you believe one of the guys had the audacity to say, "would you think I'm mean if I asked you to move to the...?". I didn't let him finish. I said, "No, I can't move. The seats on either side of me are free." Then I returned to watching the screen and eating my chips. I think they were expecting 12 people. So...b/c I was not there with friends, I don't have rights, I should be ok with moving from the perfect seat I paid for and purposely got there early to get....so they could sit together? I don't think so. The nerve of some people...if you know you have 12 people, get your ass there early enough, all of you get there so its not an issue. I was very proud of myself. Often, I just say ok when people are rude and inconsiderate like that and just go along even if its somewhat inconveient for me.

A couple of them next to me talked throughout the entire movie. So very annoying, at least they were whispering so most of what they said was lost to me. I hate when people talk talk talk all through. That's really annoys me. If you say one or two things during, fine but every scene. Wait for it on DVD and watch it at home. That's all I have to say about that.

Have to get ready soon for dinner at my friend's house. I also have a dinner invite for tomorrow. So 2 thanksgiving dinners, neither of which I have to do any prep, cooking, or dishes. I couldn't ask for more. Going to mostly ignore the diet today. Have started reintroducing dairy. I might have a small problem with dairy after all. Well, I kind of cheated b/c I'm supposed to introduce one group of foods at a time but with pasta (especially microwave pasta ;) its hard to get dairy without the tomato and vice-versa. I still haven't had nuts or chocolate yet. Depends on what deserts are available tonight. Thinking of getting a pie (pumpkin of course) from the grocery. yummy....

Gotta go. Hope you have a great holiday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for keeping your seat!!!! You paid for it, you should sit where you want.

I had a similar situation flying home from Paris last fall -- but I gave in. I was in the middle of the three-seat aisle in the very back of the plane and had all 3 seats to myself, but this couple asked if they could sit back there and sit together, and I acquiesced and moved to the aisle. I TOTALLY REGRETTED IT. It was this disgusting mushy French couple who were practically making out for the whole frickin 9 hour flight to Houston.