Monday, November 7

So Angry I Could Spit

I got in late Fri night so I had to park in the boonies...on the main street off from where my apts are. Usually when this happens I move my car closer sometime during the day on Sat. This Sat I was feeling particularly antisocial and stayed in my apt all day (didn't even go out to get my mail).

Anyhoo, 930am Sun, I walk out to my car and find that it has been plastered in what looks like shaving cream. At least that's what I think it was. It was everywhere. Some deliquent punk who has absolutely no regard for the property of others and obviously have not been given sufficient responsibilities by their parents. Why else would they do shit like that? As a teen I had so much to do that I would never have thought of much less had the time to do something stupid like this. Plus my mom has instilled in me a healthy respect for private property.

I had to get to choir so I couldn't take care of it then. Luckily my wipers took care of my front windshield, mostly, so I could at least see to drive. After choir/church, got home at 1230pm. Was starving, so I had to go in to eat something before I could even think of taking care of hte mess on my car. Then my sis called, so talked to family for an hour. Finally I drove to a touchless car wash but that doesn't take care of it all. There was still all this white shit in the front grille as well as random spots all over my car. I tried wiping at certain spots after spraying with water and have found over 10 places where my paint has thinned or come off completely.

I'm thinking of telling the landlord about this but I don't think it'd make a difference. Plus they'll probably say they are not responsible for damage to vehicles. I can see that such a conversation would just make me madder than I am already. This sucks. I was out there tonight and my fingers were freezing by the time I was done - spraying and gently wiping. Got most of the crap off except that I can't reach the roof of my car. I would really like to meet, and have a few choice words with, the shit-for-brain-punks who did this.

1 comment:

Petra said...

A friend at work gave me a name of the autobody shop he goes to, so I think I'll get an estimate and see.