Saturday, November 5

Suprisingly, I miss tomato

This whole elimination diet I'm on...there were things I knew I would miss like baci, ferrero rocher (but I haven't eaten these since the middle of Sept so I'm almost used to it, don't crave them as much - usu avoid chocolate whenever I have asthma flareups b/c chocolate tends to make me more congested). I thought I'd miss ice-cream and I do but not terribly. I didn't think I'd miss tomato. maybe I just didn't consider how many easy-meals I would have to avoid by cutting out both dairy and tomato. No baked beans, no decent pasta sauce (ground beef without tomato-interestingly bad), no salsa :( for tostidos or other chips. Plus most deli-style meats (for sandwiches) are cured with sodium lactate (read milk product).

I'm going to have to do some major cooking this weekend. I'm sick of cereal and freakin salad. Many of the dishes from home don't require tomato so I'll make a couple of those and be able to have decent meals this week for lunch and dinner. Did find one cured ham product that doesn't contain milk products so that's good.

Saw my doctor and she agreed with me about the singulair and said I should stop it - of course I had already :). Good news is that my lungs were clear when she checked, peak flow reading normal. Still have to stay on the 500/50 advair at least until I'm not using my albuterol everyday. I'm down to 1-2 times/day from 5-6times/day (back in Sep/early Oct) so I'm definitely improving, slowly but surely. She thinks I should get allergy testing done so they're going to set up a referral for me. Oh and I got my flu shot. I signed up at work to get my flu shot but wasn't sure when that would be b/c they haven't given us a date for it yet. Didn't plan to get it then but as I was there, my doc thought I should just get it done. My upper arm is still a little sore from it. Some idiot at the movies last night brushed past me really hard and that didn't help at all.

Was at a coffee shop last night and they left the door open and all the cigarette smoke was filtering in. Very annoying. No matter where I sat I could smell it. The cashier spent almost the entire night outside smoking only going in reluctantly when people needed something. At first I didn't even realize she was the cashier. I was waiting for almost 2 min, looking around for someone so I could get a soy chai. And she gets paid to do that. Imagine. My friend tried to get them to keep the door closed so the smoke wouldn't come right in. They were right in front of the door. But the cashier kept it open. She didn't even make my soy chai drink right, it was too sweet, don't what she did to it. I've had it there 3 times before, with a different cashier (who didn't need nicotine by IV) and it was great. Plus she didn't let my friend bring her drink in(from another place). That cashier was a real winner. When I got home my outer jacket and shirt both reaked of smoke. And I just washed that jacket too. Crap! Don't think I'm going back to that place anytime soon. In New York State, no smoking is allowed inside public places. With the door open, they might as well have been smoking inside. So annoying. I don't care if people want to smoke. I'm all about freedom of choice but I do care when it affects me directly. I'm extra sensitive to it lately as I'm dependant on my inhaler. Had to take it as soon as I got home.

Had to wipe my computer, so most of my music files and cool fav settings are gone. Been having memory trouble and since I couldn't uninstall many of the troublesome files, the service guy at Dell recommended that I do a system restore. :( So now I have to save all my CDs on it again. Sigh.

Finished my long report (48pages) on Tues morning finally (it was due then and my boss came and asked for it an hr before I finished so I was glad to have it done at last). Finally that monkey is off my back. I got back to lab on Tues and walked over to my hood, saying "hi bench, hi hood, I missed you." Made the guys in my lab laugh.

No comments: