Monday, November 21

Final countdown for turkeys everywhere

When I got back from church/choir today, did major cleaning. Several loads of laundry including pillows/comforter as well as sheets,towels and jackets. Also wet-dusted my bedroom from top to bottom. Moved my bed and all the dust-collecting stuff from underneath, vacuumed every spot. Man, so many dust-bunnies on the side of the bed that was touching the wall. I moved my bed (no mean feat, its a queen with both head/foot boards) away from the wall so I could dust that side and vacuum around and under. Decided to leave it away from the wall to make cleaning less of a chore next time. Wiped windowsills thoughout my apt and doors and shelves and vanity table and jewelry boxes, you get the idea :). I even vacuumed the mattress.

Man, am I exhausted. Still too wired to sleep though. I'm also a little itchy, probably because I did all this major cleaning without a dust mask-I used a scarf for the really dusty areas but that probably wasn't good enough. Didn't want to leave to get dust mask from the store b/c I know myself and can never go and get just one thing-knew I wouldn't be in a cleaning mood if too much time went by. Only vacuumed half the living room - have several things to give to goodwill and they are taking up the space. Scared to take any antihistamine now as its after midnight and I have work tomorrow. Last time I took it this late, I slept till 9am...not good.

Also talked to my family today between the cleaning/laundry.

I'm so looking forward to having pumpkin pie. That's the highlight of turkey-day for me. The turkey's ok too and the other stuff but I'm all about the pumpkin pie. I'm not a big fan of any other kind of pie, not keen on apple or any other fruit-filled kind. But there's just something about the pumpkin. I could and often do eat it all year long. As long as its available in the store that is :) I'm not much of a baker.

Need to try to get some sleep now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever had pumpkin ice cream? I look forward to that every fall -- it's the only time most ice cream places offer that flavor.

Petra said...

No, I've never had pumpkin ice cream before...sounds interesting.