Monday, October 31

Happy Hallow's Eve

Wonder of wonders...called my doctor's office today for an appt with my 'real' doctor and I actually got an appt for Thurs morning. I couldn't believe it. The receptionist said - we can fit you in Thurs morning. My response was - Thurs as in this Thurs? She probably thought I was a bit odd. She went...ummm, yeesss, this thurs (and it sounded like she was nodding as she said it, the way you do when someone is acting strangely and you don't want to make any sudden moves to alarm them). Who cares? I got an appt.

Had chinese buffet today....mmmm.....chinese buffet. Was planning to have salad and chicken wrap for lunch but wasn't looking forward to either since I've had that for lunch/dinner the last 3 days. So when my friend suggested going with him for chinese buffet, I was so there. Stuck with the stir-fry and white rice so still able to keep to my diet. Tonight cooked ground beef without tomatoes or marinara. Put a hot pepper in it for flavour. I usually use a hot pepper (habanero) for flavour when I cook red meat and then I take it out before it bursts so I get the flavour without the heat. Well, didn't get to it in time. Added wine, spices, garlic, onions and carrots to the beef. It was interesting. I had it with spaghetti. Jury's still out on whether it's good interesting or bad interesting. Too hot to really tell :)

No comments: