Monday, October 10

Even hypochondriacs are right sometimes

I called and got another doctor's appt. and saw another doc in the practice, not my doc or the back-up one I normally see but I was desperate and willing to see anyone. Still having problems. Very breathless even after taking my inhaler. She checked me and I told her about my symptoms and concerns. She also had me get chest x-rays. I mentioned the x-rays myself.

When I spoke to my Mom last night, she was very concerned b/c I was so out of breath on the phone plus I'm still hoarse and she said that they should do a chest x-ray at the very least to rule out pneumonia.

I got it done today right after my appt and the doctor told me she'd call about the results. Of course the doctor's office never calls the right number for me and she left me a message at home to call them back. I didn't get this message until after the office was closed.

She thinks its either a bacterial infection or pneumonia. She also gave me a Rx for antibiotics (doxycycline) which she said is good for atypical respiratory infections.

I did my usual reading of stuff on it (see the link) and 2 fun facts about doxycyline are
1) It is only prescribed (100mg) twice a day in the management of severe infections
2) Used to treat Plague due to Yersinia pestis (formerly Pasteurella pestis)

So it must not be all in my head. I'm still so exhausted. Going to bed early even if I don't fall asleep right away, I'll just get in bed and lie down.

3 comments:

leesepea said...

I hope you are on your way to finding answers that will help you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Vindication! (Wait, hope I don't get that song stuck in your head again ...)

Petra said...

Thanks all.