Friday, October 7

Take the picture already


Me at 3wks. My Mom is holding me up for the pic and I think my expression says "Take the picture already" See the furrowed brow? Barely any brows there to furrow I know :)

I've looked at this picture for years and only just noticed that it looks like I have a green bow in my hair (actually its something behind my head, not a bow as I first thought). I've been drawing myself at different ages from pictures. Lately, I've been in the mood to do self portraits. Did some from what I think I look like and other using a mirror. Maybe I'm searching for something and it can only be found inside myself. Maybe I've just been overly self-absorbed lately. I don't know.

Not a bad day at work. Made good progress on my 20pg report, I'm about a third of the way. Had group meeting with our client today so I had to dress 'nice'. Can't wear my scruffy jeans to meet and greet clients. Oooh...my feet were killing me. I wore these cute brown pumps which are a wee bit snug. Only had them on for 3hrs but it was more than long enough for my feet to complain. Luckily by 3p our meeting was over. It was 2hrs long but the time flew by.

Most days I feel like anyone could do my job and that it doesn't make a difference at all...that I don't make a difference...and that bugs me a bit. But today was good b/c our client explained a lot about where our project can go next and what parameters we need to have for our targets. He also explained the details behind the testing that they do on the compunds we make. Some of the results help us choose future targets to make. This is probably all very vague to most but I can't really elaborate. At my company and most in our industry, we have to sign several types of confidentiality contracts and in them you agree that you are liable for a lawsuit if you reveal confidential info. These documents were a little scary to me on my first day on the job during orientation. Anyhoo, today I felt like what we do does make a difference.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

To me it looks like you're saying "Ho hum, another picture of me, get it over with already" -- like those Hollywood stars who get tired of taking photos for their fans.

Petra said...

lol, I think you're right. That would fit just as well :) A diva from the start, eh?

leesepea said...

When I do self portraits of what I think I look like, I always end up making myself 20 lbs. lighter.

Cute baby pic, though!

karla said...

That is the cutest baby picture ever! I'm convinced babies hate it when we doll them up in those frilly outfits.

Petra said...

Leesepea - Thanks. I usually do above the shoulder portraits so the weight thing doesn't really come in.

Karla - Thanks. I have many pics in frilly outfits and when my younger sisters were babies, I took many pics of them in frilly outfits as well (sometimes on the same day in several outfits :). So I guess its comes full circle.