Sunday, October 30

Turning the clock back and all that

Saw The Weatherman last night. I thought it was pretty good. Plus with my moviepoints card, I got a free movie ticket (no restrictions) for next time. The next movie I really want to see is the next Harry Potter so I may use it for that.

This whole turning the clock back thing never really helps me. People claim that they gain an hour and its great. I have to disagree. Maybe if I was like other people (normal?) I would think its great too but I almost always end staying up until after 2am the night we change the clocks back. Its weird but I seem to do it every year. Last year I think I was up till 5am or 4am, whatever. Last night or this morning rather, I turned the light out at 3am or 2am - not as bad as last year. Yeah I had choir practice at 930am and had to take the asthma meds at 7ish anyway so I set the alarm for 8am.

The landlord of my apt complex or whoever it is that sticks flyers under our doors left a flyer which had me a little miffed. It was a reminder to change the clocks back and also said to change the batteries in the smoke alarms as well. Helllloooo. Isn't that their job? Aren't they supposed to be in charge of that? I'm renting. Again, hellllloooo. I'm going to call them about that. Plus there's no way I can reach mine. I do have a step-stool but its not tall enough for me to reach the smoke alarms. Didn't make it to work yesterday but did go in today for a couple hrs. Still have much to do but feel a bit better about it and am glad I went in.

As far as the Singulair is concerned, I'm pretty sure that I'm allergic to it. I stopped taking it from Thurs and the rash has lessened every day since and is barely noticeable now and not itchy anymore. Also the cold symptoms which started Mon were completely gone by Thurs afternoon. This leads me to suspect that they may also have been due to some reaction to the singulair as well. I can't believe that nurse. She just dismissed me. She obviously had no idea who she was talking to. I read a lot of medical journals and also the entire panphlet that comes with all my medication. I also read additional material on the clinical trials for said medications. Tons of this stuff is available online if you are interested and know where to look. While it isn't a common side effect, it is listed and the way she just acted like it couldn't possibly be that just pissed me off. Imagine, telling me she gets rashes all the time. Can we say overshare? Plus, I know my body really well, I'm a little obsessed with it, I admit it. I know the difference between an acne breakout and an allergic reaction. I have been managing my health for years and I know how my body reacts to stuff and I listen to it.

Anyhoo, will call and try to get an appt with my real doctor who I haven't seen since June even though I've been to the doctor 6 times since then. She never has appts open and most times when I call, I need to be seen asap. So since I'm feeling better, I'll just get the next appt they can give me. I trust her opinion a bit more than the others I've seen. While I think they're competent enough, I think she's better. I'd really prefer to be on a lower dosage of the Advair.

I am of course exhausted (see above) so will try to get to sleep at a decent hour for once. Didn't get much done today after choir/church. By the time I got home from work, picked up a couple things at the grocery, it was already 440pm. Took a nap. Talked to my family and then it was 7pm. Too tired for laundry. Will have to do it bit by bit this week. Either that or wear short sleeve tees all week. I got sweaters and jackets and its warmed up some so it can be done.

2 comments:

Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

Day light savings is a joke. Just leave the damn clock alone. It screws my internal clock up and doesn't help at all. Heck, I still have to go to work at the same damn time. It's not like I get to work from 8-4 instead of 8-5.

Petra said...

Very good point Sfchick74.