Tuesday, October 4

More than a cold

It feels like something is still wrong. More than just a cold. I must have called the doctor's office at least 10 times since I first felt sick. I'm like the boy who cried wolf in a way even though I am really sick. the only reason they saw me Sat was b/c I demanded to be seen or as good as. I told them that my inhaler wasn't working like it should.

When I spoke to the nurse last Mon, she said 7-10days which to me seemed like forever. But today's the 13th day and my stomach is so upset and has been all day. I think it's b/c of the nasal drip. But I started taking flonase b/c of a nasal drip about 1 1/2 yrs ago and it was fine as long as I took it consistently.

I have been taking it as prescribed since this cold started, yet my stomach is killing me. Maybe I have an ulcer. I'm also still a bit congested and am still clearing my throat every 5 min or so. Personally, I find that "clearing throat" sound very annoying so I imagine that my co-workers probably do as well. I sound like I have consumption.

At work, I've been trying to put on a happy face. When no one's around, I grimace a bit to myself. My boss caught me at it today and asked what was wrong. So I had to explain. I think I often give way more detail than I need to/people want to know but, that's just me, very thorough :)

If I'm very pre-occupied then I can ignore how upset my stomach is. I was quite busy today at work as I had a couple things to ship and slides to do. Have to get more sleep. I'm exhausted.

2 comments:

angel said...

I hope you get well soon.
Why not try a vegetarian diet

Anonymous said...

This lady on the plane next to me yesterday was sniffling every five seconds -- I was a foot away from her face and praying I wouldn't catch whatever she had. Part of me sympathized, but the rest of me wanted to say, Just blow your frickin nose, woman! :)

You have suffered long enough. Those doctors need to do something!!