Saturday, October 22

Not for the faint of heart

It found me last night. Yes the thing. It kept flying/buzzing around my foyer and kept me trapped in my kitchen for 10 minutes. Armed with my mop on which I'd dabbed some Dawn, I went after it. For some reason, it finally settled on my chimes (my beautiful celtic chimes). So I tried to nugde it gently. Well a little more than gently. It was midnight and I was hitting my chimes and jumping around, trying not to scream too loudly. I try to be considerate of my neighbors but something vile like that chases you and touches your things, well, its hard to maintain one's composure.

In other news, this whole giving up dairy thing is way more than I thought I'd signed on for. I was looking for breakfast this morning and debating whether margarine is dairy or not. Of course it is. I'll have to look for non-dairy stuff. Found this list and dairy is in so many things. I had some bread and oatmeal (with soy). After eating it and re-reading the list, guess what? THe bread has lactic acid. Right then and there, I went through my cupboards and fridge, separating all the things I could/couldn't have.

The good news is that 4 of the cereals I have are good (you may be wondering why 1 person needs 4 kind of cereal at once - I eat it a lot and like variety). 3 kinds of tortilla-type chips are good too. I tend to buy preservative-free ones anyway and most of them are also dairy free. Yay! The bagels I eat, good too.

The bad news: none of these for at least a month...pillsbury pancakes or french toast...ice cream =(...chocolate...chocolate soy...hot chocolate...homemade-like grocery bread...cream cheese...country crock margarine...and the list goes on and on.

Oh well, it's not for the faint of heart but apart from this morning's hic (the bread), I'm going to be a dairy-avoiding machine. That sounded cooler in my head.

1 comment:

Petra said...

Gradgirl - Going to health food store tomorrow to look for non-dairy goodies, wish me luck