Tuesday, December 20

air conditioner

They finally moved my air conditioner out of my window. After 2 weeks of calling the office manager here. Finally, tonight, I saw a note on my door, saying that they'd removed it. My apt was like an oven. Had to open a window for a while to get it back to a normal temp. With the air conditioner in my window, I've had to have my heat on the highest setting just for it to be warm enough for me to sit there (in a sweater+socks+blanket).

Luckily I don't pay for my heat, it's included. Still, you'd think they'd have cared more about all the wasted energy and come remove it sooner. I tried to remove it myself on Sun. I was just so frustrated that they hadn't done it yet. Well, I got it part-way out the window before I realized that I couldn't move it any further in(way too heavy). It hung precariously half-in/half-out(the window) while I struggled to get it back in place. Couldn't just leave it there. Apart from the cold wind that was rushing in, I was afraid it'd fall out and kill someone. So I struggled for about 10min and finally got it back in place. Told my friend at work about it and she planned to come over tomorrow after work to help me remove it-she was so incensed on my behalf that they hadn't removed it. I don't have central air, if you want air conditioning at my apt complex, you have to buy a unit and they'll install for you for free. This year I bought one b/c it was so hot for so long, I couldn't even sleep.

Now I can have my living at a normal temp and go back to my normal year-round wear of tanks/shorts.

No comments: