Friday, December 16

party details

The party I went to last week was fun. I got there early (for me) and was one of the last to leave. I ate before I go there so the appetizers were enough to get through the night. The appetizers were very good and there was much to choose from. Had a couple beers then switched to water for the rest of the time. As usual, I was the only single person there. Some were married but most were there with their boyfriend/girlfriend. It was kind of funny to me because most of the people I knew from work sort of stuck together and the other people stuck with each other. Almost like 2 different cliques. Not much mingling in between.


I have very little in common with most of the women there. I don't get spending hundreds of dollars on shoes or bags. I mean, I don't have a problem with people who do but personally I just can't justify it. I can't relate. I think I'm just less of a girly-girl than they are. My eyes start to glaze over after 5min of talk about the latest gucci this or prada that. So I end hanging with the guys which is fine until they start talking about superchargers and evo's etc. I like fast sleek cars but don't really care about more than the way they look. Don't care about anything under the hood. Then my eyes start glazing over. So I mingle a bit more between the groups than most.


Another thing I noticed is all the girlfriends/wives were skinny - some normal skinny and others hungry skinny. Back home, there's skinny, then there's hungry skinny (or magga).

No comments: