Saturday, December 10

Best laid plans

Got all dressed for the gym. Went out to the car. Put the key in...click-click-click-click. Oh no. Try again, no nomal engine-turning-over sound. Just click-click-click-click. Great. So I call AAA and they said they'd send someone over in ~an hour. So I took a walk around my complex instead. By the time I got back to my car, the truck was just pulling in. So he jump-starts it and it starts running and he says I should have it checked. So I go a Mobil station he recommends (leave the engine running), run inside, their mechanic is out to lunch and they're not taking anymore appts today. So I drive to 2 more Mobil stations, same story. GO to Pep Boys. Wait 2hrs. They can't find anything wrong. I got a new battery last Dec. Battery seemed fine. Alternator also fine. So he said that maybe something is wrong with the alternator and it is just not showing up now. That he could keep my car for a few days and test it more if I wanted. Or I could leave and just come back if it happened again. Said maybe, I'd left a light on or maybe the door light had malfunctioned. Then he went into more detail (than I really care about) of possible stuff that could be wrong with the alternator. Good news is that it didn't cost me anything and I went there prepared with a book and discman.

Hopefully whatever it is won't happen again. Really wanted to go to Burlington Coat factory but didn't want to drive that far with my car in an iffy state.

Still thinking of going to the party tonight. One of the guys'll have cables and give me a jump start if necessary. Came home after that so hopefully when I go back out there, she'll start up no worries. Trying not to stress too much about it. It is what it is. Stressing won't change it.

No comments: