Friday, December 16

Speed Dating

Took today off, yet another great idea of mine recently what with all the wintry mix crap on the roads. End of year so I have to use my holidays or lose them.

Went to speed dating this week. My really good friend went with me (and I really appreciated it :) It was more fun than I thought it'd be. Seriously though, none of the men I met are people I can really see myself dating. At least not more than once. The stated age range was 32-44. I think maybe 3 out of the 16 guys I saw(for 6min each) were actually in this age range. Most seemed at least 45 or older. ICK!

There was one that I thought was attractive and had the right build I go for but as he's an avid skier, I think he's way too active for me. I find that people who are that active don't mesh as well with my more sedentary self. A few of them were really easy to talk to and the 6min flew by. Others talked about themselves the whole time and didn't ask me any questions about myself and I was glad for the 6min bell. A few were interesting to talk to and although I definitely don't want to date them, I wouldn't mind striking up a friendship. I think that they would mistake any interest on my part for romantic interest. I'd rather not have to explain that I'm not attracted to them at all. The first one I talked to was ok at first. By the time the bell rang, he'd given me his screen name 3times. The rules for speed dating say that you're not to give out such information until after someone indicates that they're interested. He just seemed way too keen. And his teeth were a little weird. Can't help it, I notice teeth.

So I entered my matches today on the site and only 2 of the guys I liked also indicated interest. Of course 8 others also indicated interest who I would not consider dating in a million years (all the over 44's). At least I gave it a go. Didn't have great expectations for it. The 'appetizers' sucked. Crackers, cheese, veggies. I didn't get any cheese, only 4 crackers. Even though I left at 5p it took me 30min to get home from work (traffic usu heavy from5-6pm) . I had to get to my friend for 610p so I only had time to change. No time to eat. Afterwards we went to dinner, we were both hungry. The whole speed dating thing took longer than we thought it would. We got there just before 7 and didn't leave till ~10p. I'd be willing to try it again but with a younger age group, maybe 25-35. That way if they're older they'll be closer to 35 than 50.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could find some 80 yo Sugar Daddy. :)