Wednesday, June 7

I was watching "10 things i hate about you" again tonight - I love this movie, I do. There's a part where Heath's character in order to apologize does this whole routine where he sings "can't take my eyes off of you" accompanied by the school band.

I love that part and I was thinking that if a guy did that to apologize to me, that'd be ok. More than ok :) Apology? Yes. Marriage proposal? No. I just think that should be done in private, there should be a moment, just you and that person. Not incl. millions on tv.

I so have to watch this new show Workout on Bravo in July if only to see the guy who says "these hands are the hands of Michaelangelo" - my answer to that, tell me more ;). It's billed as a docudrama. Can we say oxymoron. What does that really mean? Ok so I know it's prob a contraction of documentary/drama. Is that even possible though? I guess it is since we live in crazyworld dominated by reality tv.

4 comments:

Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

I too enjoy that movie. Of course, I pretty much enjoy anything Shakespeare related.

Petra said...

I do most of the time. I didn't enjoy "O" at all even though I really like the original Othello but that probably had more to do with Josh Hartnet than anything else - he creeps me out.

Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

Yeah, I do have to say I didn't like that version of Romeo and Juliet with Claire Danes and Leo DiCaprio. It just didn't work for me.

Petra said...

Didn't like that one either-they updated everything except the language and it was just weird. They should have either kept it all Shakespearean or updated the dialogue along with the set.