Tuesday, June 13

Movies, movies, movies

Saw “Akeelah and the Bee” last week and really enjoyed it – really cute movie.
Went to see “Prairie Home Companion” on Sun and enjoyed that too even though I’m not familiar with the radio show it’s based on.

Watched “40 yr old virgin” recently as well. An older friend of mine (who my Mum’s age) went to see it while it was still in cinemas and she hated it. Said she was offended by most of it. The only part of it that offended/bothered me was the scene with the drunk girl driving – I have seen people that drunk leave bars intending to drive which bothers me b/c I have to drive on the same roads as those lunatics.

Got several movies from the library this week:

A Wedding For Bella - was a little odd but a still a good story.

Smoke Signals - it was a little quirky but cool all at the same time. Plus you get to see a young Adam Beach. Gosh it was a shame to see him cut that beautiful hair. His character Victor was quite mean and angry but you see why he is as the story progresses but, he gets better at the end.

C lent me AnchorMan but I haven't been in the mood to watch it yet.

3 comments:

Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

Anchorman is much better than the 40 year old virgin. I think just about anything with Will Ferrel is funny though...except Bewitched. That wasn't good.

Stay classy, San Diego!

Anonymous said...

Anchorman rocks!!

I'm kind of a big deal.

Petra said...

SFC -I'm a big Will Ferrell fan. I kinda liked Bewitched, not the best movie ever of course but I enjoyed it, didn't feel like I wanted my money back.

Jen - might watch Anchorman tonight.