Tuesday, June 20

Lots of news...long weekend

Have not been sleeping well at all lately. Was out much of the weekend and had great fun. Since then haven't not been able to sleep more than 4hrs at a stretch.

Fri - went to a late bonfire party with S. Met a number of cool new people, had a really good time. Didn't get home until after 1am and couldn't get to sleep. Was up till 3 or 4am, just tunred out the light and lay there. Then to make things worse I woke up at 730am and couldn't get back to sleep.

Sat - went out on a date. Yes, with the random chinese-food guy aka the eager-beaver(EB). I emailed and he emailed back and we'd decided to meet for coffee around 530pm. Then we met and chatted for a bit. He was smoking the last of a cigarette when I got there and I just sat upwind of him. He kept saying "i'll quit, i'll quit, it's a bad habit, just something to do, you know." I told him to quit if he wants but not to do it on my account. I don't want him to quit to impress me. I don't generally date guys who smoke so I was making an exception I guess but I didn't tell him that. To his credit, when he finished that cigarette, he didn't have another for the rest of the time we were together. We changed the coffee to having a drink downtown but we couldn't decide exactly where to go. Then when we decided, neither of us knew exactly where it was. We drove around(well I drove us in my car) for about 20min while we decided. We eventually ended up at a restaurant and had dinner. So coffee turned into dinner and cool conversation. It was cool cause he didn't get upset or angry as we drove aimlessly around which is great b/c this allowed me to relax and be able to just enjoy our meandering :) without getting stressed out. He did apologize several times though - "I'm sorry, I should have planned exactly where we could go better". I told him it was fine. After I dropped him back to his car, we said good night with a hug cheek-kiss. We both said we had great time and maybe we'd go out again soon.

All good right. Well it would have been - I wasn't home 5 min before EB calls me on the cell to reiterate what a great time he had and how we should do it again soon. I was a little put off by his eagerness. Didn't we cover all that in the car 5 min ago? Just a bit too much I think. I mean wait a day or two at least. Yeah he's emailed me twice this week already since Sat. It's Tues. I'm trying not to be too freaked by it. Plus I just didn't feel anything more than a friendship vibe from him. Still in 2 minds about whether I should go on a 2nd date or not.

I got back home around 830pm only to realize that my gas light had come on so I had to drive to the nearest gas station to fill-er-up. Next on the agenda was bowling at 930pm till quite late. We are getting worse not better. I will not put our scores in print - they were less than stellar. Still had fun though and I guess that's the important thing. Got home aorund 1am again and once more couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned until 430am.

Sun - Woke up at 8am. Went to choir, last day until end of suummer. I was very hoarse for most of the day after singing but I was glad I went. We had a pot-luck luncheon after and it good. Lots of food and dessert :) I got back at 4pm and talked to my family for about an hr. Next thing I know it's 930pm. I must have just passed out on the futon - all the late nights caght up with me. Of course I was wide awakle after that. Couldn't sleep. Turned the light out at 3am, tossed and turned. Woke up at 630am. Went to work early @ 715am b/c I had a doctor's appt at 830am and wanted to get some stuff done before.

The doc had me stop the advair for a few days but I still needed my emergency inhaler on the days without the advair but at least the hoarseness seemed to be better. Good news - I'm now off the Advair(finally) and back on Flovent. I've taken Flovent before without any problems so hopefully, this'll do the trick. Barely 2 days and my throat already feels more normal. Can only get better now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap what a weekend! Kudos on the chinese food guy. He does sound a little smothering, but it might not hurt to go on a second date.

Petra said...

Yeah, a 2nd date can't hurt - I'm probably going out with him tomorrow night, plans still tentative.