Wednesday, June 14

world cup madness

My boss said I could go home and watch the Trinidad & Tobago (T&T) vs England world cup match tomorrow at lunch. Don't know if I'm going to but it was nice of him to suggest. I'll only do that if I can get to work early but that is unlikely. I plan to tape it and watch it when I get home.

I don't normally watch football(soccer :) on tv willingly but it's not everyday that your country makes it to the world cup for the first time. And not only that, plays far beyond anyone's expectations against Sweden which is considered one of the teams to beat. Our guys played a great game and even with one man short during the 2nd half, they didn't allow Sweden to score. We were hoping to not lose by too many goals in our 3 games but with the draw against Sweden - gives an extra bit of confidence that maybe we can score a goal and if not win against England at least play well.

Lots of excitement back home from my family. I'm pretty psyched. Got to wear national colors tomorrow (red/white/black) to show my support. Go T&T.

No comments: