Thursday, January 26

Days when you wish you had a camera-phone

In the bathrooms at work, there was this person(s?) who'd use the toliet then leave without flushing. Where did these people grow up? in the forest? without indoor plumbing? Or are they trying to conserve water? My take-conserve water at home.
So I took action. Made 3 signs "PLEASE be considerate and FLUSH" (one for each stall) and stuck them on the inside of each door - hoping to shame the nasty who kept doing their business and leaving it for others(me) to find. This helped and after about a week, amazingly, whoever it was, started flushing. So nice when people act civilized.

Today, I wanted a camera-phone b/c someone is apparently not aware of how temperamental the toilets can be - you have to flush b/t your business and if much tissue paper is needed, then you need several flushes. Must be someone new. Anyhoo, there was a sign written on a paper towel - "Toilet plugged up - do not use". I noticed said sign in the mirror while I was brushing my teeth, and had to turn around to see if I was seeing correctly(backwards in the mirror). Then I laughed, almost swallowed toothpaste, and laughed some more. I thought the warning was a nice touch-saving innocents from unnecessary exposure to nastiness. Must have been one of the new people.

No comments: