Wednesday, January 18

Forty-eight thousand, five hundred and eighty-nine...sheep

Bonus points if the title sounds familiar and is funny to you :)

I tried to get to bed early last night b/c today we had a videoconference with our client. So I wanted to be fresh and relatively awake for our meeting. I went to bed at 10, actually turned the light off at 10pm. Then I woke up and thought, it can't possibly be morning already. I turn on the light and its morning but the wee morning (12:45am). So I turn the light off and go back to sleep. I woke up several times after that at 230am, at 430am and then at 630am. That's when I finally got out of bed. A wreck. The meeting was 2hrs long and it was tough staying awake. Especially since I had to just sit there. People from a couple other depts were at the meeting and they presented slides as well as our clients. We (me and the guys in my group) mostly just sat there and nodded. Well, they nodded. Some of the info was interesting and some wasn't. Some I understood and some made no sense to me at all. Mostly it was bio and modelling data and theories about some of the compounds we made. 2hrs of Biochemistry/chemistry in slides will do that to you. Had to dress up today-I took my 'dress' clothes in on a hanger and changed just before the meeting at 10am. Can't talk to clients in my usu 'work clothes' = jeans and tee.

So I have my 1st appt tomorrow with a psychologist. Going to work early tomorrow since I'll have to leave by 345pm for my appt. Still in 2 minds about the counselling thing. But I am more receptive to that than medication, at this point anyway.

No comments: