Sunday, January 15

View from my window



This is the same view from my window tonight. I drove home in this. It was something out there. Lots of wind, light sleet but mostly wind gusts blowing the snow around. I drove 10-20 mph all the way home. Saw "Glory Road" after dinner at japanese steakhouse. It rained for most of the morning and I just stayed in. Didn't do much except read and laze around for most of the day. Had I known it was going to be as windy/snowy out there, I'd have bailed on going out tonight for sure. But, I was fine, I drove slowly and had fun. So glad I didn't know the weather ahead of time :)
I really enjoyed the movie. It was either that or Hoodwinked which I kinda wanted to see but not $10 keen. Definitely more in the mood for Glory Road. By the time we finished dinner, we only had time to make it for Glory Road, Hoodwinked had started already so I was kinda glad it worked out that way. I think Hoodwinked might be better as a cheaper show like a matinee.

Planning to get out early to take pics of the snow. I love snow, more so when I'm not driving in it. I trumped through 2-3 inches of it on my way in tonight. Had to park in the boonies. Still, there's nothing quite like walking through freshly fallen fluffy snow. Makes me think of my college roomie. She loves the snow and back in college we'd often go out walking in it...just to experience it (the freshly fallen snow). She usu made snow angels while I watched. NO making snow angels for me. Walking through the snow. Touching it occasionally with my hands. All good. Wallowing in it and getting covered and cold and wet from it - not so good. but my roomie loved it. I'd send some to her if I could. She's studying down south so very little snow if any.

No comments: