Sunday, January 8

Home sweet home

I had a great time with my family. It was really hard this time - leaving them. We all cried a bit the night before. Felt sad most of the way home but on final appoach of the plane to where I live, I felt ok - and I thought...home. I must like living here more than I realised.

We finally made it to Stonehenge. Every day that we planned to go, the weather was bad-snow or rain or too windy and cold. We went the day before I left and it was really cool. Got many pics, some sillier than others :)

Got back to the US and through immigration/customs, in time to catch my connecting flight so I made it home by 530pm on Tues. They didn't bring my checked luggage along with me though. When I got into Newark, it was still in London. By the time I got back to NY, it was only now in Newark. They brought it for me Wed @ 11pm. At least it saved me from having to lug it up the 2 flights of stairs to my apt door.

My car failed to start AGAIN Wed. After getting a new battery for it before my trip. So I called AAA for a jump-start. My AAA membership has more than paid for itself. I took my car to the dealership early Thur. They found that my trunk light was loose and, as a result was on all the time, draining my battery. So they fixed that. $65. I was so relieved. I expected it to cost more for them to figure out what was wrong. Glad it was less than $100.

Been so tired this week. Even though I took Wed off. I woke up at 3am thurs morning. I think I'm finally back on NY time. Going to bed early.

Plans for 2006: Be on-time or early for work/appointments. Exercise regularly.

Was not feeling like going to church today when I got up at 9am. Definitely was not going to choir. So I had breakfast then went outside to my car for my cell(forgot it in the car last night) and decided to take a short walk around my apt (10min). When I got back inside I felt so energized and was actually in the mood to go to church after all. So I had to rush a bit but I just made it there on time. Going to try to do that more often - take short walks when I feel out of sorts.

Saw 2 movies this weekend. Munich: so gory, as one would expect. It was good though. I do think that it would have been better if the order of scenes was different. I found it more distracting the way it was done.
Also saw Chronicles of Narnia. Really enjoyed it. More on that later.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Welcome back!