Sunday, January 22

pretty good day

Had a pretty good day. Got up early b/c my body is suddenly on this early clock where I've gotten up before my 600am alarm. Of course no alarm that early today. I did have it set for 730 so I could take me asthma meds but I got up before it went off. Since I was up, decided to have brekfast and watch the sunrise.

At 11am I went to local coffee place for a bagel and a chat with a friend. The weather was beautiful (freakishly warm for Jan 22). It was 60F and clear blue sky. But the time we got back it had started clouding over but at least I was able to enjoy it while it was still fine out. Then there was some rain and wicked winds. By tonight it was quite chilly. Definitely long undy weather. I was underdressed for it when I left the apt at 4pm. Did have a warmer coat in the car which I was able to use though. Temp. tonight is a cool 31F.

Went to have my hair done (relaxed) at 4ish. Actually got done earlier than I thought (630p) and was first at the cinema (in same mall) for the movie. So I enchanged my free movie pass for a ticket to King Kong and wandered around a bit. Been meaning to use said pass for a while, it's been burning a hole in my purse since early Dec when I got it but the movie has to be at least 2wks before you can use a movie pass to see it.

Everyone else got there 5min before the start of the movie and by then tickets were sold out. So I exchanged my ticket and we went to see "Brokeback Mountain" instead. I wasn't terribly keen on either movie but it was the best choice at that point. It was ok. Heath Ledger was so good in this movie-he wasn't Heath in it. Really great job on his part. Jake G was ok but still Jake in a way. Plus I'm more of a Heath fan than a Jake fan.

Then we went for coffee or in my case herbal tea and played Scrabble. At the beginning I actually thought I might win for once but sadly, no win for me again :( It's not too bad, it was fun. Herbal tea is great and all but my body hasn't quite gotten over its need for caffeine, even the small amt I would get in my usu 1 cuppa tea a day. Sigh!

Off to bed. Long but great day.

No comments: