Saturday, January 28

The wonders of decaf tea

After 5 days sans caffeine I was having a hard time. I bought some lemon tea and chamomile(for night) and I also already had blueberry tea (all these are herbal, naturally caffeine free and all that :P)They just couldn't cut it though. So I'm going to stick with the decaf for a bit - which still has caffeine but really low levels and try to wean myself off it.

I usu have tetley british blend which has more tea per bag than other teas and I usu leave the bag in for 2 min. It's really good tea. Normally the decaf tea at work (we get free tea/coffee) is not something I use often (swill is the word that comes to mind). Not that bad but I would have to leave the tea bag in the cup for at least 5 min before adding creamer for it to come close to what my reg tea is like after a min. After 5 days though, that decaf tea tasted pretty good to me. I usu have 1 cup/day around 10am at work. That's when I need it most. First thing in the am I usu have cereal/oatmeal and OJ and I'm good till ~945am then I start needing my morning cuppa. I occasionally would have tea in the afternoon and night but not often.

A couple of my reactions didn't go as I expected and I mistakenly identified one of the side-products as my product and used in the next step. this sucks because now I can't take it any further and I've wasted material I could have used. Plus I made this other compound but it's only 89% pure and I only a very small amt of it and we need to have stuff at least 98% pure. The process I need to use to purify it will probably eat through most of it. A real bummer. But it's done and I gotta stop worrying about it now cause I'm not at work now. Mon will come soon enough. Didn't sleep well last night at all. Ruminating on my life and had a bit of a crying jag about many things. Mostly about Lit. Feel better now in the light of day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daylight always makes things seem better, at least for me.

You're a trooper for going off caffeine ... I doubt I could pull that off. I drink at least two cans of diet coke per day, plus the occasional cappucino.

One of my coworkers has a whole coffeemaker *on her desk.* :)

Petra said...

A whole coffeemaker huh? That's something.