Saturday, May 6

discovery health

Tonight I'm watching Discovery Health(DH). This led me to look up Apert's and Crouzon's syndrome online. This led me here.

The surgeries these kids go through. The doctors cut into his face and sawed through the bones from the eye socket to the lower jaw on both sides of their face, then they put this contraption on their face with screws which the parents had to turn every day to draw the middle protion of his face forward slowly. Eventually the rest of his face will grow and catch up with the center part they've drawn forward with the surgery/screws. Kind of heartbreaking hearing this mother talk about how she doesn't recognize her son after his surgery, how it's a shock to her every time she looks at him.

I really should stop watching DH b/c I get sucked in and then I have to know all about whatever I've seen and how likely it is. Reading about it on that site led me to read about other conditions on said site. At this point I decided to stop.

No comments: