Saturday, May 20

Not my usual Sat

Listening to: La Tortura...Shakira & Alejandro Sanz

Not stewing anymore, well not much. Feeling better overall. Still not in the mood to get into it all.

Saw "Art School Confidential" last night with S. Not my usual kind of movie but S had heard it was interesting. It was really good, I enjoyed it and laughed a lot. Not sure if some of the parts I found hilarious were meant to be (since no one else was laughing) but I thought they were :) S was a little disappointed, said she expected a bit more cool art personalities. I had no expectations about it and hadn't even heard of it till S mentioned it. It was that or MI-3 which I refuse to see on grounds that none of my money is going towards that nutjob that Cruise has become. Maybe he was always a nutter but was able to hide it better before. Good thing Nicole K got out while he still seemed sane.

Did major cleaning today. This is big for me since I usually spend Sat lazing around doing nothing then scramble on Sun to try to do some chores and end up feeling stressed and overly tired by Sun night. Did laundry as well. Just have one more load to do and will get it done tomorrow. And I folded/hung up/put away everything. This is key b/c if I don't do it right away, they could easily be there till next week. Still have to do the bathtub as well.

My cousin and I were chatting today about stuff and she said that she'd really want to get a nanny when she has kids. Me, I'd prefer a housekeeper. I can handle the kid but it's the housework that would do me in-sometimes I want to get rid of many things, everything thing that collects dust. I don't have many knick-knacks but I do have framed photos, CDs, etc and the dust wastes no time in collecting on them. It's a constant struggle to keep my apt relatively dust-free. What I really need is a bubble :) Yeah, that'd solve all my problems.

Was watching Disc Health(as usu :) and saw this couple with 1 set of twins and a set sextuplets. Yeah 8 kids, 2 are 5 and 6 are 16mths. I don't know how she and her husband are still sane. If I find out that I can't have kids, no fertility treatments/drugs/in vitro for me. No way. I'll just have to adopt, lots of kids out there who need homes. Better to get one at a time than to end up with 6 at once. Then there are all the complications of multiple births, higher infant mortality rates. Not for me. I can understand wanting to have your own but I wouldn't want to go to those lengths. Plus with my family history I don't really think I'll have trouble - my grandma had her 9th kid at 48 and my mom had her last at 44. I don't plan to have kids when I'm that old but you never know what the future holds for you. I figure with those odds in my favor, if I have trouble maybe it's a sign I should adopt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree re. fertility stuff. My feeling is it's totally selfish to spend thousands of dollars on fertility treatments when there's so many kids that need homes. Although if I told that to a couple trying in vitro, etc., they'd probably punch me in the face.

Petra said...

Yeah they prob would - people get real intense about having kids with their bloddline.