Tuesday, May 16

stewing inwardly

I've been in a bit of a mood lately. Everything sucks and is not quite right and I'm not entirely sure why. Several factors(people?) have added to this feeling. Not ready to talk about them yet. Still stewing inwardly.

Today I just wanted to come home...at 9am this morning. I forgot my lunch at home but that was alright b/c C told me he'd go to Panera with me for lunch since he hadn't brought any with him today. Had veggie black-bean soup and 1/2 tuscan chicken sandwich. Delicious.

Then I thought it was Mon until E corrected me. Not terrible to find out it's Tues when you thought it was Mon. I guess it's better then thinking it's Wed when it's Tues.

Also realized today that I missed a step in one of my syntheses. I kept trying to figure out why my analytical data didn't match at all. Well it didn't match b/c I forgot to put on one of the pieces. The steps have to be done in a particular order. So it means that I had to just scrap it and start again. Luckily it onyl puts me back 2 steps b/c I still have the precursor so not a complete disaster. Decided nto to account for that little mishap on my slides. If asked directly about it, I'll have to fess up. Luckily my boss does not keep me on a short leash.

The whole wanting-to-go-home thing stayed with me all day. Also didn't want to go to the gym. Didn't go Mon - didn't feel up to being around people. Gym peeple. I did go to the library for a while and that was fine. I did do several ab exercises and stuff on my not-often-used exercise ball. So that was something. Did go to the gym today.

Was in Walmart today (pretend you didn't read that gradgirl, I know they're the evil empire). Anyhoo, the cashire was totally chatting me up but it took a whle before I relaized it. Of course my next thought after that acknowledgement was - I'm prob almost twice his age, he looked 18. Even though my hair looked like crap (mostly b/c it got wet in our nearly constant rain, and I was not in the best of moods, it felt good.

NO idol for me tonight. Watched Trinny and Suzanna on "What Not to Wear" then "Rocket Man" on BBC America. It's was my first time watching Rocket Man. I liked it - it's about this guy who's building a rocket to send his dead wife's ashes into space as per her last request - more interesting than it may sound.

I'm off to bed, my plan is to turn the light out by midnight :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just want to be alone and tell people to bugger off. I know that feeling well, unfortunately. Perhaps too well ...

Hey, did you like my British-ism??

Petra said...

Love your British-sim Jen :)