Monday, May 29

Last night I went to see X-Men:the final stand. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I enjoyed most of it except for the last 10-15 minutes. If you've seen it and want to rail and shout at the end like I wanted to, let me know.

I skipped choir yesterday. When I talked to my fam, I actually sounded normal but probably only b/c I didn't sing. My throat hurt a lot last week after I sang and then I was hoarse for most of the day. It sucks cause I really used to enjoy singing every week. Now I just want the pain to go away. This is hard for me. Yesterday I kept thinking that what's the point of going to church at all if I can't sing. The new priest we have there goes on and on in his sermons each week. The stuff he talks about rarely seems to relate to me in any way. I miss our former pastor, every week when he preached, I felt like he was speaking to me. Like there was a special message that I had to hear every week. it just doesn't feel that way anymore. I think I'm going to have to look for another church to go to. I hate change. Well, maybe hate ius too strong a word, more like dislike change. It takes a while before i can accustom myself to it.

I'm definitely moving once my lease is up. I've sort of wanted to move for 2 years now but have been reluctant to do so. More b/c it'd be a big change and I guess I wasn't ready for it before. I'm ready now though. I feel it's time for a change. Haven't found a new apt yet. Most of the places I've called want me to call back in 2 weeks as they won't know what vacancies they'll have until then. It's fine though, I have a good feeling about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find a great new place. Boy do I ever know how that goes ...

And I hope your throat stops hurting. For me not being able to sing when you have a sore throat is TORTURE.

Anonymous said...

Though maybe singing in the car is actually torture for the passenger??? :) (by passenger I mean my dog)

Petra said...

I can still sing for short periods of time like in the car but practice for 2hrs is more than my throat can handle at the moment - it is torture for me, not being able to sing without pain.

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»