Friday, May 5

OMTW

It's been 5 days and my throat hasn't been sore. This is great news in a way. It's kind of sad to be pleased that you may have acid reflux disease. I have noticed that when it's time for the zantac75 that my stomach feels weird and settles after I've taken it, well about 30min after I've taken it. This zantac75 is the shizit.

Outrageous Moron of The Week(OMTW)
guy from class, not only does he lie to the professor that he was going to be out of town so couldn't give his presentation last Wed. He made a big deal about this in class saying how he would be in D.C., no he wouldn't be ready to give his talk on the Mon before. Result = he doesn't have to give his presentation until this coming Wed. Fine, whatever right? NO b/c this moron shows up to class this past Wed, late mind you(even later than E and I) and just sits there. As if he hadn't told us all he would be out of town that day. Out of town my ass. The unmitigated gall of this man. He left early as well. So I know he didn't make any excuses to the prof. So dumb. I mean if you lied b/c you were trying to get out of doing your talk earlier, fine. but don't come to class after all that. It just showed a complete lack of respect imho. who does that? this is a grown man with kids. I shudder to think of their future.

So this same guy comes up to me on Thurs and tells me the topic he plans to talk about. So I told him it sounded like a good topic, one we haven't covered (the whole point of our presentations is to focus on topics not covered in detail-there's no way to cover every thing, you know). This is how the conversation went:

OMTW - I'm going to ask you 3 questions in class.
Me - 3 ques for the whole class or for me specifically?
OMTW - I'm just going to ask you, I hope you won't mind that I'm going to put you on the spot (WTF?)
Me - I can't guarantee what my answers will be, it'll depend on my mood. So... questions like what?
OMTW - ...if your supervisor has neglected you, how would you feel?
Me - what does that have to do with your topic?
OMTW - well, my topic is about a class of compounds that the prof neglected to teach us about
Me - I don't want to be involved in that. I won't answer your questions or at least not in a way you might like. If you want to deal with that, fine ask me your questions
OMTW - oh...if you don't want me to ask you the questions, maybe I'll ask someone else
Me - yeah, maybe you should
OMTW - ok then...maybe I'll ask L instead?
Me - you do that (while turning away from him and busying myself at my hood).

Is he effing kidding me? He wanted to use me to belittle the prof during his talk after his complete show of disrespect. I want no part of that. I don't want to be associated with him in any way. He'd better not ask me no shit in class. He won't like my responses, I can guarantee that. Makes me want to do a special subversive cross-stitch that I can whip out just for him (Thanks Ann).

4 comments:

Anna said...

Ahh, yes, the subversive cross-stitch. Lots of great uses for that :)

Petra said...

Yes, lots :)

Anonymous said...

Dude, if you're going to lie to get out of class, might as well enjoy it and stay home and watch TV or something!! What an idiot.

Love that cross stitch. I know someone at work who'd really appreciate it, I'll send her a copy of that pic.

Petra said...

who knew cross-stitch could relate to so many :)