Monday, May 8

I love the latest Outback Steakhouse ads with the guy with the fake Aussie accent - i'm a vegetarian, but I eat beef and pork...and chicken...yeah, semi-veg. Hilarious. then there's the other one where he says - i'm a steak-man, except when I feel like some chicken on the bar-b, then i'm a chicken-man...i prefer steak-man. Too funny.

Sam lent me this DVD with Triumph the insult-comic-dog - actually he foisted it on me and I just took it. I find it hard to say no sometimes. Even though I was pretty sure that I wouldn't enjoy it...at least not for more than 5min. And I was right, 5min of it and I'd had enough. Funny thing is that I think I'm finally over this crush thing. I guess I have Triumph to thank.

I decided to try speed-dating again. They were offering 50% off so I figured why not right? So I get a call tonight that they got too many cancellations so they postponed it and transferred some of us to a different date. I'm ok with this b/c it would have been tomorrow night and now it's not for a month. The one that I was supposed to go to had women 26-32 and men 29-42. I imagined that most of the guys would be closer to 42 than 29 but still thought I'd give it a shot. Turns out than the one they've transferred me to has men 24-35. Much better. If most of the men are in their 30s, that'd be a big plus. Personally, I don't want anyone over 38. And they can't be 38 and look 45. I admit it. I am a little bit shallow but I'm ok with that.

4 comments:

Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

That's a shame. I enjoy Triumph...

Petra said...

5-10min of Triumph sure but 60min of it is just way too much for me.

Kate the Peon said...

I've never done the speed dating. Been tempted, but can't seem to commit to it. Good luck!

Petra said...

thanks Kate