Saturday, August 27

Books and why I love them

I don't know if anyone really cares about all the lists I keep making but I like making them (I love lists in case you haven't noticed as yet :P) and I'm enjoying my blog. When I first started this blog, a wise woman told me to blog for myself, not others (thanks Ann). So if you don't like my lists, don't read them but I'm still going to keep making them :)

I really enjoyed all of these books and own several of them. I first read most of them from the library and a few were ones I bought at airports to read on planes. The people in all of them are very real and the characters are well developed.

A few of these I read years ago and some only within the last year. Some were in my usual zone. I think everyone has their own book zone. You know, you read mostly books of a certain genre or certain authors. I tend to stick within the romance/mystery genre mostly. I also read mostly fiction. That's my zone. I stepped out of my zone for several of these and I'm glad I did. As far as writers go I've read almost everything in print by...

...Nora Roberts(but not any as JD Robb) - Catherine Coulter(incl. historical romance and newer FBI thrillers) - Maureen Tan - Jayne Ann Krentz /Amanda Quick - Rachel Gibson - Susan Elizabeth Phillips - Julia Quinn - Sandra Brown - Carly Phillips - Jennifer Cruise - Suzanne Brockway - Joanna Lindsay - Janet Evanovich (but not the Stephanie Plum ones, haven't been able to get into those) - Sara Paretsky - Sue Grafton (A for Alibi through to M for Malice)

I am intrigued by book titles and am often drawn to books first by the title. Then I look at the cover art and layout and if I'm still interested, I read the back/inside dust jacket cover. Then I read a couple pages, if I'm still interested then I borrow/buy it. I never read the ending first. All of the books on my list kept my interest till the end. I didn't want them to finish because they were so well written. And best of all, no typos.

I hate that in a book. Aren't there people who are supposed to proof read for glitches like repeated words, misspelled words, etc.? It always bugs me when I come across a book with such errors. I know, I know, I make mistakes like that too. The typos in my blog bug me so I try to fix them when I notice them. I'm a wee bit anal. But at least it's not my job, no one's paying me to look for such errors. Maybe someone should.

Anyway, if you are looking for something new to read that may or may not be in your book zone; check out a few of the books in my list or any by the above writers.

No comments: