Friday, August 19

Comfort in chinese food

I think I've gotten less sleep this week than I have in a long time. I'm not sure why exactly. Sometimes, I have trouble sleeping and I get maybe 4h sleep a night and feel like crap at work all day. This has happened this entire week. I get home from work very tired, eat, veg in front the TV or pc and next thing you know its 1am...again. Thankfully this work-week is over now.

I worked almost 12h yesterday. Had stupid powerpoint slides (due today) to make for video conference next week. I should have started earlier in the day yesterday and put off the other stuff I did until today. So I didn't start my slides until 4pm and finished around 8pm.
At least I left early today, 4:45pm. It felt good not being the last car to leave the lot at work. I guess I have to find comfort in the little things.

Like chinese food. Had some tonight. I love chinese...it's my fav take out food and I have a special place to get it that's 5min drive from my apt. Very convenient. I'm a regular and tend to order only 2-3 different things. They usually recite my order to me as soon as I say "hello, I'd like a pick-up". It's kind of cool. They don't take my name but they know its me. I get there and they say, "Pick-up?". I answer, "Yes.", and my evening is complete. I could eat chinese take-out 4-5 days in a row before I get sick of it. Tonight it was - Hunan Chicken and Spare-Rib tips - delicious as usual.

No comments: