Sunday, August 14

Random Artist

I've been drawing and painting for most of my life. All of my siblings do this as well. I have a couple paintings from high school but unfortunately I haven't kept any of the ones I did as a kid. I was much freer then and I remember being able to draw almost anything from my mind.

Now I'm sort of a random artist. I paint and draw but lately it only happens sporadically and usually is the result of some extreme emotion I'm having. Like when I'm depressed or very happy. And now I need to actually see an object to be able to reproduce it to my satisfaction.

I did some of the pictures here during art classes I took while in college. I really enjoyed them. I majored in a practical science which I use in my job and which pays the bills. If I was indepently wealthy, I'd go back to school and get my BS in Fine Arts, then MS in Art Conservation and travel the world restoring old paintings for museums and collectors. Who knows, the MS in Art Conservation may happen eventually.

I prefer to work wih acrylics, pencil and pastels. Usually depends on what I'm working on. I have also used charcoal, done some calligraphy and prefer either landscapes or geometric abstracts. Sometimes I start a piece which doesn't get finished for months. If I had to make my living this way, I'd probably starve :).

No comments: